City hotel Waidhofen
The inn "Zum golden Ochsen" existed in the house at Hauptplatz 25 since the 15th century. At the time of the great city fire in 1873, which destroyed most of the city center and with it the inn "Zum golden Ochsen", Rudolf Riegler ran it and his wife Amalie run the house as an inn and farm. After the death of her husband, Mrs. Amalie Friedrich Engelmayer from Parisdorf married in the Weinviertel. The two daughters Valerie and Amalie emerged from this marriage. In 1925 Amalie and her husband Robert Eder took over the inn, which was enlarged and modernized.
After the Russian city headquarters had been quartered in 1945–1947, the Eder family had to start all over again and bridge the difficult times with the horse and cattle breeding they had previously done. After Amalie Eder's death in 1949, Robert Eder married a winemaker's daughter from Straß in the Straßertal valley in the early 1950s. After two years of marriage, Robert Eder died, and his wife Maria ran the inn with their stepdaughter Edith and her husband Dr. Karl Heindl continues as a widow's business. In the years 1961–1962 the building was expanded and heightened.
In 1976 Edith and her husband took over the business and ran it until their sudden accidental death in 1999.
In the following years, the Hotel Eder was demolished except for the facade - which is a listed building.
A building complex with apartments, the tax office and a student residence for the planned golf academy was newly built.
The entrance with the archway and the paving stones as well as the stone stairs up to the 1st floor have been preserved in the original.
After a long construction phase, the former Hotel Eder was officially opened in March 2012 - owned by LT Technik - as the new city hotel Waidhofen an der Thaya. The golf course was shut down and the golf academy did not come into being.
The rooms provided for this have been taken over by the “city hotel” for its guests and have been taking care of their well-being ever since.